Mason City Biorefinery
The Mason City biodiesel production facility is located in northern Iowa. The multi-feedstock biorefinery, which began operations in 2007, produces approximately 30 million gallons of high-quality biodiesel each year.
- Nameplate capacity: 30 mmgy
- Feedstock: High and low free fatty acid feedstocks
- Loading capabilities: Truck and rail
- Rail line: Dual-served — Iowa Traction junction with UP Canadian Pacific
- Production Start Date: July 2007
Products produced here
About Mason City
Mason City, Iowa, is located in north-central Iowa and has over 27,000 residents. Mason City has been nationally recognized for its health care options, retail outlets, education and more. It was ranked 10th in the Rating Guide to Life in America's Small
Cities. Mason City is known for its musical tradition and is the hometown of Meredith Wilson, author and composer of "The Music Man."