Chevron Renewable Energy Group Bio-Residual Oil
REG Bio-Residual® Oil is developed by Chevron Renewable Energy Group and is a lower carbon solution for generating energy, or for use in other industrial applications.
As one of the nation’s largest producer of biofuels, Chevron Renewable Energy Group offers a consistent supply of high-performing REG Bio-Residual® Oil for use as an alternative to traditional fuel oils.
Connect with one of our experts for more information on pricing, availability, product information, logistics or if you just have a general question.
High Performance to Meet Your Specifications
REG Bio-Residual® Oil, a co-product of the biodiesel refining process, offers exceptional BTU performance when used for heat or power generation. Whether used as a straight replacement for fuel oil, sprayed onto a traditional fuel source or blended with conventional heating oils, REG Bio-Residual® Oil provides up to 135,000 BTUs per gallon while reducing emissions. REG Bio-Residual® Oil is an exceptional and renewable alternative to fuel oil, coal, natural gas and even other biomass fuel sources, providing many valuable benefits compared to traditional fossil fuels.
- REG Bio-Residual Oil is produced from recycled fats and oils such as used cooking oil, distillers corn oil, animal fat and other vegetable oils — renewable and relatively plentiful resources. It is an affordable way to help meet your company’s lower carbon targets.
- Fuel quality is consistent, regardless of feedstock.
- In certain areas of the country, REG Bio-Residual Oil is eligible for Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) and RINs, depending on the usage.
- REG Bio-Residual Oil offers a significant reduction in greenhouse gas emissions compared to alternative fuel oils.
Better BTU performance
- REG Bio-Residual Oil provides up to 135,000 BTUs per gallon.
- Chevron Renewable Energy Group’s advanced technology in its distillation system used in production means the solution contains negligible amounts of water or methanol.
- REG Bio-Residual Oil offers a higher BTU value than coal or wood-fiber material, with approximately 100–125% more energy per pound than wood chips or pellets.
Lower carbon intensity
- REG Bio-Residual Oil burns cleanly and produces less particulate matter than other fuel sources.
- REG Bio-Residual Oil has one of the lowest carbon intensity of any commercially available liquid fuel.
Volume and Logistics to Meet Your Demands
REG Bio-Residual Oil is flexible and readily available. This high-viscosity product can be stored and handled like other residual fuels. If your operation is equipped to burn a heavy fuel oil, it requires no infrastructure changes or special storage needs. If you burn solid fuel, take advantage of enhanced BTU performance by applying REG Bio-Residual Oil to your fuel source.
|| NO. 6 FUEL OIL
|Gross Heating Value
|| % wt
| Viscosity @ 40C (mm²/s)
| Viscosity @ 100C (mm²/s)
| Carbon Residue
|| % wt
More than 10 million gallons of annual production capacity
- REG Bio-Residual Oil can be used in a wide variety of markets, including power generation, district heating and industrial applications
- Domestic and international transportation is available.
The descriptions and information contained in this document were in effect at the time the document was prepared and approved for release. We reserve the right to amend and/or modify this document at any time without notice. Updated versions will be available on request or as we may otherwise publish or provide. The information contained herein is believed to be reliable but we make no representations concerning the accuracy or correctness of the data. The information in this presentation, like any other should be confirmed independently for the particular end user conditions to ensure the products meet the relevant requirements and regulations. We shall have no liability whatsoever, regardless of any legal theory, arising out of your use or reliance on the information contained herein. Our liability is limited to the replacement value of defective product. Independent results may vary.
Request More Information
To get product information, please submit the form below and a Chevron Renewable Energy Group representative will be in touch shortly.