REG Newton is a biodiesel production facility in central Iowa that produces approximately 30 million gallons per year. The biodiesel plant began operations in 2007 and was upgraded in 2014 to produce biodiesel with an even higher purity from a wider
variety of feedstock.
- Nameplate capacity: 30 mmgy
- Feedstocks: High and low free fatty acid feedstocks
- Loading capabilities: Truck and rail
- Rail line: Iowa Interstate
- Production start date: April 2007
Products produced here
Newton, Iowa, is a city of over 15,000 people in south-central Iowa. The town has plenty of entertainment and recreational opportunities. Thousands of people flock to the Iowa Speedway each year to experience NASCAR and other racing events. Newton's
location outside the state capital of Des Moines, along Interstate 80 and near Interstate 35 makes traveling through the region for work and play easy.