Helping Grow Your Business with Biofuels - South
At REG, we’re dedicated to meeting all your fuel needs with industry-leading products and expertise.
As more fleets and businesses in the South strive to reduce carbon emissions and increase profit margins, REG continues to make biodiesel and renewable diesel more accessible. Our experienced sales team is dedicated to helping you make your journey with biofuels a success with industry insight and high-quality products. Plus, our experts will help you navigate the complexities of tax incentives and RIN trading so you can increase profit margins and grow your business — now and in the future.
How biodiesel can help you meet emissions goals and boost profits.
Biodiesel fuels are renewable and sustainable, making fleets better for the environment. Plus, biodiesel helps fleets achieve compliance as more state and federal mandates are put in place.
- 75% — How much you can reduce carbon dioxide emissions with pure biodiesel, or B100, compared to petroleum diesel.1
- 47% — How much you can reduce particulate matter emissions with biodiesel, compared to petroleum diesel.2
- Up to 86% — How much you can reduce greenhouse gas emissions with biodiesel, compared to petroleum diesel.2
Save up to 4 cents per gallon.
Biodiesel and the biodiesel portion of blended fuel are exempt from the state fuel tax in Texas, making it possible for you to save up to 4 cents per gallon.
500,000 gallons per month = $20,000 savings per month
Where clean energy meets smart business.
The wide range of benefits that come with biodiesel stretch far beyond sustainability. You can also use InfiniD™ to boost profits, performance and efficiency as you achieve emissions goals.
- Provides economic advantages with tax incentives and RIN trading.
- Increased lubricity helps keep engines cooler, running quieter and operating longer.
- Reduces engine emissions by up to 100% for fossil carbon.3
- Distilled product available for improved cold weather performance.
A smart fuel alternative.
This advanced biofuel reduces greenhouse emissions while meeting the ASTM D975 specification for petroleum diesel. It can be added to the existing pipeline system at up to a 5 percent blend — making it easy to incorporate into the diesel stream.
- Qualifies for several state and federal biofuel tax incentives.
- 100% hydrocarbon — just like petroleum diesel — so it’s compatible with any diesel engine without modifications.
- Blends well with biodiesel and petroleum diesel.
- Allows for easier starting, smoother running engines and reliable operation due to increased cetane.
- Included in the Energy Policy Act of 1992 (EPAct) standards to meet a portion of the annual Alternative Fuel Vehicle acquisition requirements.
- Tested by the EPA and passes their Clean Air Health Effects testing requirements.
The benefits of switching to alternative fuel.
We understand you demand proven performance and will not sacrifice quality for sustainability. With biodiesel and renewable diesel, that’s not a concern. Not only do they meet stringent ASTM specifications, they also deliver impressive operational benefits.
Biodiesel can add fuel lubricity to diesel fuels at blend levels as low as 1 percent.1 This is especially helpful because ultra-low sulfur diesel has led to less lubricity in petroleum diesel, and modern diesel engines rely on fuel to help the lubricating process.
High combustion quality
Biodiesel raises the cetane number of the fuel, speeding up combustion. Plus, the government says renewable diesel’s high combustion quality results in similar or better vehicle performance compared with conventional diesel.1
1 Alternative Fuels Data Center. https://afdc.energy.gov/fuels/biodiesel_benefits.html
3 Product is produced from renewable oils and fats. Methanol used to make biodiesel and hydrogen used to make renewable diesel and SAF are typically made from conventional natural gas but can be produced from renewable resources.
LIKE WHAT YOU READ?
REG delivers insightful content like this to your inbox in our e-newsletters. Sign up today.