Biodiesel makes it easy for you to achieve emissions goals while improving your mining operation.
Regulations are a part of doing business for mines. Biodiesel can help reduce that burden. Add REG-9000 Biodiesel to your operation and you’ll not only meet air-quality requirements, but you’ll also help keep your employees healthier.
"Use of biodiesel fuel is becoming more common in underground metal and nonmetal mines because of its wider availability and its effectiveness in significantly reducing DPM and other harmful emissions.2"
– MINE SAFETY AND HEALTH ADMINISTRATION
Meet your DPM requirements.
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) requires diesel particulate matter (DPM) levels to be below 160 micrograms per cubic meter. Two MSHA studies3 of Kentucky mines found:
Quality fuel and supply assurance.
As the nation’s largest biodiesel producer, REG offers only the highest-quality fuel and can meet your most demanding biodiesel volume requirements.
- REG-9000 Biodiesel meets or exceeds ASTM D6751 specifications.
- Superior biodiesel purification technology guarantees quality, regardless of feedstock.
- Nationwide distribution ensures you can get supply to your operation via truck, rail or barge.
- Long- or short-term contracts and spot loads available directly or through your current fuel supplier.
- Expert support for handling, blending and storage is just part of doing business with REG.
1Data taken from 2006 Cummins ISM 370 on Federal Test Procedure driving cycle, as reported in Durbin, Thomas D., et al. “CARB Assessment of the Emissions from the Use of Biodiesel as a Motor Vehicle Fuel in California “Biodiesel Characterization and NOx Mitigation Study.” California Air Resources Board: Sacramento, CA (2011).
REG-9000 Biodiesel Product Lineup.
REG delivers insightful content like this to your inbox in our e-newsletters. Sign up today.