Reduce emissions without sacrificing performance.
REG Renewable Diesel (RD) is an advanced biofuel that reduces greenhouse emissions while meeting the same ASTM-D975 specification as petroleum diesel. It can be added to the existing pipeline system, making it easy to incorporate into the diesel stream.
- Renewable Diesel is 100 percent hydrocarbon — like petroleum diesel.
- Renewable Diesel can be blended with biodiesel and petroleum diesel.
- Blends can be used in any diesel engine without modifications.
- RD aids self-ignition of fuel and allows for easier starting, smoother running engines
andreliable operation because of increased cetane
- Renewable Diesel is included in the Energy Policy Act of 1992 (EPAct) standards to meet a portion of the annual alternative fuel vehicle acquisition requirements.
- It has been tested by the EPA and passes their Clean Air Health Effects testing requirements.
- RD qualifies for various state biofuel tax incentives.
Analysis of REG Renewable Diesel (RD)
|Property||REG-9000 Limit||D975 ULSD Limit||Units|
|Water & Sediment||0.05||0.05||% volume|
|Conductivity||25, min||25, min||pS/m|
|Flash Point||52, min||52, min||°C|
|Ramsbottom Carbon||0.35||0.35||% mass|
|Kinematic Viscosity (40 °C)||1.9 - 4.1||1.9 - 4.1||mm2/sec|
|Distillation Temperature at 90%||282 - 338||282 - 338||°C|
|Copper Corrosion||No. 1||No. 3||N/A|
|Cetane Number||65, min||40, min||N/A|
REG delivers insightful content like this to your inbox in our e-newsletters. Sign up today.